Monday, August 16, 2010

Corymbia ptychocarpa

Corymbia ptychocarpa - Australian Gum Tree
I found an old bookmark with this quotation:

"Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin,
but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul."

Samuel Ullman

Curious, I did a google search for Samuel Ullman (1840 - 1924)and discovered that he was an American businessman, poet and humanitarian who wrote a poem "Youth" that contained the quotation above. I checked out the poem and found it very meaningful.

Enthusiasm and passion for life are important to counter the depressing realities of advancing age. Maybe it is just passion for something small or simple like a daily act of finding something to upload onto a blog. The day my enthusiasm and passion for photographing nature and things around me dies, my blogs will come to a standstill. Until that day, my blogs will be always full of photos that show how much I value the beauty I see each day.

















No comments: