Sunday, February 26, 2006

Hibiscus Sabdariffal

A friend called the fruit of this plant Ribena berries but I did not find any information on the internet to confirm this claim. She grew them in her garden and her little grandson would pluck them off the stem to eat. The second time I saw these plants, including a flower, was at the Sentosa Flower display in Feb 2006. That was when I learned its name.
Hibiscus Sabdariffal
Common name: Roselle, rosella, red sorrel
Family: Malvaceae
Origin: West Africa

2 comments:

sweet-tooth said...

Hi!
I'd like to grow this plant but i'm unable to find a place that sells its seeds or the plant itself.
do you know where i can get them?

Mableinsingapore said...

I do not know either but I shall keep a lookout for them and should I come across these plants on sale anywhere, I will let you know :-)