Sunday, July 15, 2007

Globba winitii - Dancing Ladies Ginger

I photographed this unusual flower in the Singapore Orchid Garden some time back. I only upload the photos now because I chanced upon the name of this plant on an information poster at the Ginger Gardens this morning.
The photos were taken in strong sunlight with my faithful Canon IXUS 850. Unfortunately this plant was grown amongst different types of plants and with the auto setting that I used out of convenience, I was not able to bring out the loveliness and delicateness of this flower in my photos. The joy I had was simply that I saw this bloom and it was not a flower that is commonly seen, at least for now.
This is a part of the poster showing the flower and the name of the plant:
I also googled for images on this plant and found many sites with good descriptions and photos of this plant. One of them is: http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week040.shtml

No comments: