Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hibiscus mutabilis

When I had least expected to see flowers, I saw this Hibiscus shrub growing exuberantly in front of a shop that was closed. Thank goodness because then I was left in peace to photograph the flowers for as long as I pleased. That was a wonderful break for me (The Ixoras will have to wait).This shrub originates in Southern China and also does very well in the southern parts of the United States where it is known as the Confederate Rose.


When I had spent enough time admiring these flowers through my lenses I saw a man approaching this shrub as I was leaving and taking an interest in the flowers. Whatever it was he was thinking, I was glad that I had influenced one person to stop and take a close look at nature. That was a great feeling.

No comments: