Sunday, September 23, 2007

Plumeria 'plantation'

A Sunday evening drive around Paya Lebar and Serangoon area provided me with many interesting subjects to photograph as a front-seat passenger. When the car stopped at a particular traffic light I looked to my left and was greeted by these plumeria trees in such numbers that I am reminded of the rubber plantations that I used to pass by along Bukit Timah Road on the way to school every morning. The trees of my childhood were there for bread-and-butter reasons; the trees today are here to beautify our land. As time passes, we note the changes for better or worse and are glad that they are mostly for the better.

2 comments:

slurp! said...

these "plant bank" makes good uses on empty plots for temporary holding plants/trees

i saw another big plumeria plant bank just beside Marina Bay MRT station

Mableinsingapore said...

Maybe that's for the new Botanic Gardens when it materialises in a few years' time.