Thursday, April 24, 2008

Related to the Lagerstroemia speciosa?

My car came to a halt near a traffic-light junction alongside this small tree with flowers that looked familiar. I have seen flowers like these in West Coast Park. What struck me as odd were the leaves for they were dark green with a tint of burgundy. I remember the flowers but somehow they seemed out of place on this tree. The seconds ticked by and I expected the light to turn green any moment. I waited reaching for my camera in my handbag on the back seat. Despite fumbling for the camera with eyes on the lights and foot on the brake pedal I managed to point the camera in the general direction of the tree and snapped two photos. I did not have time to focus. This is where the point-and-shoot camera got its name - after users like me.

No comments: