Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bougainvillea - Klong Fire

I've had this bougainvillea plant for more than 3 years. I have watched it grow from a single cutting to a sturdy shrub and my husband has pruned it countless times over the years. It has flowered continuously, shed its leaves unashamedly everyday leaving me to sweep them away. Countless birds have courted each other amongst the intricate branches and some have built their nests to start new families there. I have sketched its thick stem and painted its generous blooms and I have seen it morning, noon and night in varying degrees of lightness and darknessthrough all sorts of weather from sunny to dreary and sunny again. If a time lapse movie could be taken of this shrub, it would be fun to track its passage through time, its life through the fleeting seconds. Today I dedicate this post to my faithful bougainvillea that is always there bringing life to my garden and sharing its visitors' beauty with me.

No comments: