Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Flowers in paint

I have run out of interesting photos to upload so I thought perhaps I should post my paintings of flowers instead. These paintings are part of a bigger painting that is currently in progress. I have been procrastinating too long in my quest to paint but once I got started, I was hooked on the acitivity. I only wish that I could take a few weeks' break and disappear into some nice retreat with plenty of flowers and plants and just paint to my heart's content. As it is I only get to do this at night and the colours are rather 'cold' because of the flourescent lighting. Still, just getting hands-on with the acrylic paints and brushes is a great feeling!
Delinia Suffruticosa, Banana flower, Sunflower.
Flower of the Passion fruit.
Alpinia purpurata - "Double Red"
Morning Glory
Heliconia
Hibiscus or Bunga Raya

1 comment:

alicesg said...

Beautiful paintings. Did you frame them out and decorate your home. They are so gorgeous.