Monday, November 30, 2009

Hortpark flowers

Our friends dropped in on us on Sunday just as we were going out for a walk and we decided to go to the Hortpark together. I brought along my Olympus camera with the 18X optical zoom lens. A few of these photos were taken some distance away.


The leaves of the Breadfruit tree attracted my attention because of the backlighting. I saw a couple taking close-up shots of these flowers and I was glad to be able to get this shot of the frangipani flowers without jostling with them for space to take a photo of these flowers.

I did not really take many shots because my friend and I were chatting as we were walking.




My friends were captivated by these beautiful passion flowers as they have never seen them before. I, on the other hand, have seen them countless times.

The flower of the Golden Lotus banana tree.


I was eager to show my friends the unusual blooms of theAristolochia grandiflora - Pelican flower The usual plants were not flowering but luckily we found these in another location.

I think this plant is related to the Japthropha podirica (Gout Stick Plant) because the flowers are similar except that these were white instead of red.

We were young
and then we got older
now we are old
our children tell us
but not too old
to miss the sunset

No comments: