Sunday, February 14, 2010

Bougainvillea for the first day of Chinese New Year

I survived the day of visiting relatives. I earned this peace at this moment having performed the same routine that is replicated year after year - the same people, the same topics, the same food, the same drinks. Each year we see relatives we do not usually see except for this one day in the year. We see the young getting taller and the old caught in the downhill spiral of advancing old age. The joy is seeing our loved ones and wishing them happiness, good health and prosperity. Other than that, the remaining joy is having time to myself like this to find a picture I like and share it with people - a magnificent bougainvillea shrub adorning the main gate of a corner terrace house.

2 comments:

Tara said...

This is a beautiful bush...

Mableinsingapore said...

Yes, I was so overwhelmed by its abundant blooms I wish I could have one at my front gate as well. Thanks for visiting.