Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Hollyhock

A neighbour has a pot of these Hollyhocks in front of her house. This is the first time that I see these flowers in Singapore. I believe they are plants more suited to cooler climates for I have seen them in Fraser's Hill and in Australia.

Plants, like people, could adapt to conditions that are less than ideal I suppose. People, likewise, do adjust to living conditions that are different from the environment in which they have been brought up to the point where they embrace totally their new homes, rejecting the old.

These Hollyhocks are not so extreme in their preferences I hope. I hope that my neighbour's plant will thrive in our local weather and continue to bloom, embracing their new environment and enrich our neighbourhood with what they have brought with them in their genetic codes.

No comments: