Friday, March 19, 2010

Ruellia multisetosa

What I like about the Hortpark is that every now and then I come across plants that I have never seen before such as this one that was beginning to flower in profusion. It is a pity that there is no plaque or label to identify this plant and I did make the effort to look for flowers that look like these in the book `1001 Garden Plants in Singapore without any success in discovering the identity of this particular plant. Nevertheless, I had a great time capturing their loveliness before they fade away.Justify Full




2 comments:

Unknown said...

This Acanthaceae (you can tell by the square stems, tubular flowers, toothed leaves) is Ruellia multisetosa also called Suesseguthia multisetosa. It's native to Bolivia.
Cheers,
Juggi

Mableinsingapore said...

Thank you Juggi for identifying the flowers :-)