Saturday, May 29, 2010

Alpinia purpurata

After so many years of photographing flowers that I see in Singapore, it gets increasingly difficult to make my posts interesting. The same flowers from different angles, at different times of the day and taken with different digital cameras.

I started with a 2 megapixal Olympus camera, moving on to another that was 4 megapixel with a 10x zoom feature and then acquired a third with an 18x zoom. At the same time, I have also used three Canon IXUS cameras (850IS, 860IS and 870IS). On and off, I also use the Canon 400D that was bought by my husband for his retirement. He has not retired and so I try to justify the purchase by using this heavier and bulkier camera sometimes.

Yesterday, I bought my latest - the Powershot SX210 IS with a widescreen LCD monitor and a 14x zoom! I am a die-hard Canon fan and I have pictures to show why:

2 comments:

alicesg said...

I am so used to my LUMIX panasonic camera. Easy to use...lol. Brought two cameras to Vietnam (Lumix and Olympus). The weather is so hot in HCM City, that most of the times, I cant focus well because of the heat...lol.

Mableinsingapore said...

Sounds like kiasu me - two cameras :-)