Sunday, June 11, 2006

Fallen Petal - Bauhinia purpurea

Orchid Tree
Bauhinia spp

A fallen petal separated from the rest of the dispersed flower. When it is whole, it is taken for granted and referred to simply as a pretty flower. Seeing a petal lying on the gravel sets me thinking about living in accordance with one's beliefs and truth about oneself. Is it true that we need others and must be part of a community always? Can we not make a choice to break away from traditional networks when it feels right to do so without feeling that the choice is a wrong choice? Nagging questions but then in life when a decision is made, there should be no looking back and the only way to go is, ahead and find wholeness from within. What I seek is the flower - the bloom that evaded me because of diversions I took that led me astray from the truth that was buried by uncertainties in my youth.

No comments: