Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Flowers

What caught my eye was the baby-blue colour of the bracts of this ginger flower. I wonder what the colour of the flowers are. If I venture a guess, it could be purple and yellow or shocking pink with green stripes on the petals. It is anyone's guess until the flower emerges. These flowers attracted my attention today. At first glance they seemed like flowers but actually the petals have fallen off and the fruits are forming. Looking amongst the leaves of the shrubs led me to the flowers. Unfortunately my camera battery gave up its ghost after this shot. These flowers remind me of Chinese dancers tracing elegant circles in the air with long, flowing silk ribbons to simulate the turbulent flow of water in a river or the rhythmic waves of the sea.

No comments: