Friday, December 26, 2008

Flowers in Australia - Hydrangeas

I used to have hydrangeas in my garden
that bloom without much of my assistance
for I was only an admirer of flowers
delighted whenever the plants offer me presents
These lovelies belong to other people
I only stopped to photograph them as usual
and then when I looked at them on my computer
I discovered I had been missing a world of wonder
Sometimes we tend to look at the whole
and we take for granted the parts in our hurry
to get to where we are supposed to go
It takes moments like these to help us see
that not all hydrangea blooms are the same
if you bend to look closer they are different
and if you look them up for their names
the internet feature them in abundance
It was this very flower that got me searching
and in my looking for its name all around
the world, I came across so many beautiful hydrangeas
Wow! I am truly humbled by all that I have found
Hydrangea macrophylla 'Blaumeise' (Teller's blue)

No comments: