Saturday, August 22, 2009

Autograph Series - Schefflera actinophylla

A Malay teacher wrote in my autograph book:

"Belajar-lah bersunggoh sunggoh hingga menchapai segala yang di-chita chita kan!!!!!" Loosely translated, I guess, it meant "Study like there is no tomorrow until you achieve all that you hope for" Gee, I must have seemed like a lazy student for such a vigorous autograph from a teacher. Five exclamation marks when a full-stop would have done nicely.


About the achievement of hopes and dreams - like the Octopus tentacles that the flowers of this tree resemble, I have reached out in many directions. Some of my dreams have borne fruit and some have withered. On balance, I have my fair share of successes and failures. I learned that in life you cannot be good in everything nor can anyone be perfect if that goes against his or her nature. It is important to take care of yourself first so you can take care of those you matter to you.

Common name: Octopus Tree, Queensland Umbrella Tree

No comments: